Junior & Inter-School Competition
The 2021 Junior and Inter-School Competition took place 21st-27th June. You can find results here.
- In order to enter the event, competitors should have climbed before or be under the supervision of a Climb Newcastle coach for the duration of their climbing time.
- Categories will follow the IFSC (International Federation of Sport Climbing) system:
- Youth A those born in 2004 & 2005
- Youth B those born in 2006 & 2007
- Youth C those born in 2008 & 2009
- Youth D those born in 2010 & 2011
- Youth E those born in 2012 & 2013
- Competitors should be resident in the North East (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham or Teeside) or be a student at a North East school or college.
- Each Problem starts with hands on the marked (taped) handholds.
- A successful attempt will finish matching the last hold in control with two hands.
- Volumes and aretes are in on all problems, use them wisely and ask a member of staff if you aren't sure what this means.
- You have 90 minutes to try the problems. Points are awarded as follows... 10 points for a successful 1st attempt, 7 points for 2nd attempt, 4 points for 3rd attempt & 1 point for any go thereafter.
- Your scorecard should be countersigned by a staff member or a fellow competitor. Cheating or bending the truth on your scorecard will not be tolerated.
- Each school is permitted to enter as many individuals as they wish and scores will be pooled with other school members even if they did not attend as part of a school group.
- School rankings are calculated as the sum of the top 3 individual scores in an age category.
- Results will be announced online after the event.
- The judge's decision is final.
Note we are under significant Covid restrictions. Read more about our Covid-19 measures here.
- Bookings must be made in advance and via our website.
- Sessions are open to existing Academy or Rock Stars participants, or under 18s who would normally climb without a coach. For juniors born in years 2004-2013.
- This is a new booking system - if you have any trouble please contact us via e-mail to email@example.com
- For parents, please use the new extended use the new extended Cafe seating area during the session to reduce numbers in our climbing areas.
- Price is £10pp. If you are booking multiple sessions then please book each one individually.
Please select a slot below:
Before booking a session, please create an account and complete our registration section.