Junior & Inter-School Competition
Our 2023 Junior and Inter-School Competition takes place at The Pool from Monday 26th June to Sunday 2nd July
- In order to enter the event, competitors should have climbed before or be under the supervision of a Climb Newcastle coach in a slot below.
- Categories will follow the IFSC (International Federation of Sport Climbing) system:
- Youth A those born in 2006 & 2007
- Youth B those born in 2008 & 2009
- Youth C those born in 2010 & 2011
- Youth D those born in 2012 & 2013
- Youth E those born in 2014 & 2015
- plus an additional category: Youth Z those born in 2004 & 2005 and at school/college
- Competitors should be resident in the North East (Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham or Teeside) or be a student at a North East school or college.
- Each school is permitted to enter as many individuals as they wish and scores will be pooled with other school members even if they did not attend as part of a school group. School rankings are calculated as the sum of the top 3 individual scores in an age category.
- Results will be announced online after the event.
Booking Info for school groups
If you would like to bring a school group, please contact us at email@example.com.
Info for individuals
Arrangements for individual entrants depends on whether you normally climb with a coach in a session, or come in with a competent adult / are signed off for unsupervised climbing.
Climb without a coach?
If you normally come in with a competent adult / are signed off for unsupervised climbing, come along during the competition dates, pick up a scorecard and complete the competition within 90 minutes.
Climb with a coach? Book into a slot
- Bookings must be made in advance and via our website.
- Sessions are open to existing Academy or Rock Stars participants, or under 18s who would normally climb without a coach. For juniors born in years 2006-2015.
- Price is £10pp. If you are booking multiple sessions then please book each one individually.
Please select a slot below:
Before booking a session, please create an account and complete our registration section.