This session is for climbers new to the sport, or new to indoor bouldering centres. The session introduces the basic safety and climbing skills to use our centres.
Note: we have temporarily suspended the sign in of novices by members. All beginners must book onto an induction session. Read more about our Covid-19 measures here.
Important Information about booking Induction classes
- you can book for up to a maximum of 4 people to attend an induction session.
- a ratio of 1 adult per under 18 climber must be adhered to at The Valley, or 2 adults per under 18 climber at The Pool. Adults must participate fully; this is not a kids coaching session.
- Note that under 7s are not permitted to climb at our Ouseburn centre, The Valley, and we strongly recommend induction sessions at The Pool for all under 18s, where the climbing is tailored specifically for younger climbers.
- All participants in the session should complete our centre registration prior to the session.
- sessions are around 45 minutes in length. You can continue to climb afterwards with a visit time of up to a maximum of two hours in total (due to current restrictions).
- Face coverings should be worn at all times by customers, except when you are climbing, seated in the cafe with food or drink, or if medically exempt. This includes whilst on the boulder mats, and moving around in circulation spaces.
Induction sessions are £15 for adults, £10 for under 18s and include shoe hire.
Before booking a session, please create an account and complete our registration section.
Pick a date to view availability: